“When people tell me that I can’t do something, it motivates me more.”
In this episode, Jay talks to Jayme Powers, the Proprietor of Sigh! champagne bar in downtown Sonoma, California. Sigh! has been awarded the number 8 spot among the Top 25 champagne bars in the country by Travel and Leisure Magazine.
Started as a leap of faith, Jayme speaks of her story from working in a winery, to launching her champagne bar, and then expanding into a new location. She talks about her passion for people, educating them about sparkling wines and champagnes, slowing down to get ahead and the wonder of her journey in retrospect. As she’ll tell you in the podcast, it’s definitely not just about sitting and drinking champagne all day!
00:50 That leap of faith
07:09 The reality sinks in
20:49 Just take a deep breathe
35:34 That first step experience
41:32 The really good problem
Connect with Jayme
- “Started on a dream…leap of faith”
- “People are my passion”
- “When people tell me that I can’t do something, it motivates me more…and I was like screw you”
- “You do you…don’t worry about everybody else… and take care of yourself too”
- “Try to listen to your own advice”
- “Everyone just needs a hug…everyone just needs to slow down a little bit”